BLOCKITECTURE | HABITAT | Wooden ARCHITECTURE BLOCKS | James Paulius | Areaware
VAT included. Shipping calculated at checkout
Build the world you want to see with Blockitecture®, a set of architectural building blocks. Cantilever and nest hexagonal blocks to create towers, cities, and dwellings.
Areaware's Habitat is the first in the Blockitecture® series. The forms were inspired by Habitat 67, a housing complex and pavilion designed by Moshe Safdie for the 1967 World's Fair in Montreal, Canada.
Art meets science in these sets of nesting hand-painted blocks. James Paulius’ intent was to create a timeless toy - for American design brand Areaware - that challenges the user’s creativity and understanding of physical laws.
Blockitecture is a celebration of different architectural styles...
- Habitat is the first in the Blockitecture® series. The forms were inspired by Habitat 67, a housing complex and pavilion designed by Moshe Safdie for the 1967 World's Fair in Montreal, Canada.
- The Garden City set adds a pavilion and garden terraces to the original Blockitecture® forms. It's available as a 10-piece Standard or 20-piece Mega-Set.
- The Deco set includes new colors and forms inspired by colorful post-modern architecture found coast to coast all over the world. It's available as a 10-piece Standard or 20-piece Mega-Set.
- The Factory set includes new colors and forms inspired by the industrial architecture of the city center.
- The Brutalism set is inspired by the massive utopian forms and material palette of the Brutalist architects, who used raw concrete as their material of choice. Blockitecture® Brutalism includes 6 towers, 2 skyways, and 2 platforms.
- Parkland provides an environment of rivers, parks and green space in which to situate your latest Blockitecture® cityscape. Each set includes 21 parkland pieces, 1 pond and 2 river pieces.
- The Big City set includes 74 wooden pieces inspired by the architecture and public spaces of a sprawling metropolis.
- Desert Garden provides a landscape of sand, cacti and oases in which to situate your latest Blockitecture creation. The set includes 25 desert pieces.
From the NYC Series the following sets are available:
- Big Apple set includes 74 wooden pieces inspired by the architecture and public spaces of New York City.
- The skyscraper set includes 14 wooden pieces inspired by the architecture and public spaces of New York City.
- The Greenway set includes 15 wooden pieces inspired by the architecture and public spaces of New York City.
More sets to come…
James Paulius was born in Chicago, IL. He graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology in 2013. Paulius has an interest in designing products that integrate people with their environment to promote creativity, curiosity and joy. His belief in our ability to influence society and culture through the conscious creation of our environment inspires him to design artifacts that are sensitive towards the effects they have on humans.
Blockitecture was awarded first place in the RIT Metaproject 03 design competition.
Recommended for ages 6 and up.
Design: James Paulius
Material: New Zealand Pine, water-based paint
- Bricks: vary
- Packaging: 19x19x6 cm or 7x7x2"
Warning: Chocking Hazard - small parts. Not for children under three (3) years!
Shipping & Returns
Germany - free shipping from 59 € order value
If you order our design products by 2 p.m., you will usually receive them within 1-2 working days.
All later orders on working days, which only contain products that can be delivered immediately, will be dispatched on the following working day
Europe - free shipping from 85 € order value
Products that can be delivered immediately will usually be with you within 4-6 working days.
How is my order shipped?
Your order will be shipped via our partners DHL & UPS within Germany and the EU.
How much are the shipping costs?
Within Germany, many orders are shipped free of charge. We charge a flat rate of €5.90 for the shipping of your order within Germany and shipping is free for you from an order value of €59.
Bulky goods shipping costs of €19.95 may apply for individual items that exceed the standard package size. These will be calculated at check-out.
Shipping to most EU countries costs a flat rate of €9.90 and is free of charge for orders over €85. All shipping details
How can I return products?
You can return ordered products up to 30 days after receipt of your order. More information
If you would like to return an item, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and information about which products you would like to return. Please pay for the return shipping - this of course does not apply to justified complaints.
A different delivery time is displayed
If a product can only be pre-ordered or is not in stock, it cannot be delivered immediately. In this case, you can find the deviating delivery time on the product page. As soon as we have the product available and dispatched again, you will receive it within the delivery times stated above.