Build the world you want to see with Blockitecture®, a set of architectural building blocks. Cantilever and nest hexagonal blocks to create towers, cities, and dwellings.
Areaware's Garden City set adds a pavilion and garden terraces to the original Blockitecture® forms. This is the 20-piece Mega-Set.
Art meets science in these sets of nesting hand-painted blocks. James Paulius’ intent was to create a timeless toy - for American design brand Areaware - that challenges the user’s creativity and understanding of physical laws.
Blockitecture is a celebration of different architectural styles...
- Habitat is the first in the Blockitecture® series. The forms were inspired by Habitat 67, a housing complex and pavilion designed by Moshe Safdie for the 1967 World's Fair in Montreal, Canada.
- The Garden City set adds a pavilion and garden terraces to the original Blockitecture® forms. It's available as a 10-piece Standard or 20-piece Mega-Set.
- The Deco set includes new colors and forms inspired by colorful post-modern architecture found coast to coast all over the world. It's available as a 10-piece Standard or 20-piece Mega-Set.
- The Factory set includes new colors and forms inspired by the industrial architecture of the city center.
- The Brutalism set is inspired by the massive utopian forms and material palette of the Brutalist architects, who used raw concrete as their material of choice. Blockitecture® Brutalism includes 6 towers, 2 skyways, and 2 platforms.
- Parkland provides an environment of rivers, parks and green space in which to situate your latest Blockitecture® cityscape. Each set includes 21 parkland pieces, 1 pond and 2 river pieces.
- The Big City set includes 74 wooden pieces inspired by the architecture and public spaces of a sprawling metropolis.
- Desert Garden provides a landscape of sand, cacti and oases in which to situate your latest Blockitecture creation. The set includes 25 desert pieces.
From the NYC Series the following sets are available:
- Big Apple set includes 74 wooden pieces inspired by the architecture and public spaces of New York City.
- The skyscraper set includes 14 wooden pieces inspired by the architecture and public spaces of New York City.
- The Greenway set includes 15 wooden pieces inspired by the architecture and public spaces of New York City.
More sets to come…
James Paulius was born in Chicago, IL. He graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology in 2013. Paulius has an interest in designing products that integrate people with their environment to promote creativity, curiosity and joy. His belief in our ability to influence society and culture through the conscious creation of our environment inspires him to design artifacts that are sensitive towards the effects they have on humans.
Blockitecture was awarded first place in the RIT Metaproject 03 design competition.
Recommended for ages 6 and up.
Design: James Paulius
Material: New Zealand Pine, water-based paint
- Bricks: vary
- Packaging: 31x28x7 cm or 12x11x2.7"
Warning: Chocking Hazard - small parts. Not for children under three (3) years